Mon, 22 May|
Longsword Professional Stage Combat Certification Course
Learn how to perform your own action, act through the fight, and wield the medieval longsword safely and with intention, all to deliver a thrilling final performance. Use the sword style seen in Lord of The Rings: The Rings of Power, House of The Dragon, Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves, DC’s
Time & Location
22 May, 10:00 – 27 May, 18:00
Kingsborough Sancturary, 79 Hyndland Rd, Glasgow G12 9JE
About the Event
- Gain practical, hands-on experience acting out choreographed fights with the longsword under performance conditions
- Learn the body mechanics of how to manipulate the blade efficiently in space, for both attack and defence, through a wide range of techniques and applications
- Understand how to play aggression, pain, fear, life & death stakes while staying in control; how movement, body language, voice and expression all affect the performance of a fight
- Forge a strong foundation with footwork
- Industry Recognised Certification: you will have the opportunity to undertake a Fight Performance Exam with the British Academy of Stage & Screen Combat, the oldest and best stage combat certification body in the UK. If you pass, you will be able to add your certification immediately to your Spotlight entry upon qualification, lasting for three years.
Taught by: Director and action designer Rob Myles. As a stage fighter Rob has worked with the Royal Opera House and Shakespeare’s Globe in London, as well as designing action for both stage and screen, including most recently Sherlock Holmes: The Sign Of Four for Blackeyed Theatre, now touring the UK, and Sus at The Park Theatre. Rob is teaching with the British Academy of Stage & Screen Combat, under the mentorship of BASSC President and Stage Fight Scotland founder Janet Lawson. A former martial artist and historical fencer, Rob began his journey in this artform 15 years ago, training in Japan with Kamui Samurai Dojo, who choreographed the final fight in Kill Bill Vol. 1. Outside Stage Combat, Rob is a globally recognised figure in both Shakespeare and digital theatre. For more information visit robmyles.co.uk.
Entry requirements: 18+, no previous experience required.
Longsword Workshop 2023
This includes all exam fees.£345.00Sold Out
This event is sold out